Monday, September 2, 2013

The Final Days...

With only a couple days left the time finally came to cease all procrastination. It was finally relevant to start packing clothes and, of course, making the last minute shopping trips for anything else I would need for my study abroad experience.

Goodbyes are a weird thing in August/September. Saying "well...see you at Christmas," is usually a sentence uttered at Thanksgiving, not Labor Day. But I've found that goodbyes before a dream-fulfilling European experience are not nearly as tough as I anticipated - at least on my end. I can't say the same for my family.

Wednesday, September 4th is the day my dreams become a reality. I arrive at Madrid-Barajas Airport 10 a.m. local time (4 a.m. EST) on Thursday, September 5th.

My nerves for the unknown have subsided into unbelievable anticipation and excitement for the adventures about to unfold in the next three months.

Stay tuned for a semester "that you wouldn't believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment